Friday 16 August 2013

Building our dream...

Welcome and thank you for taking the time to show interest in my blog!

The purpose of this blog is to document a significant journey in our lives (Tim & Fliss) as we embark upon our self build dream in the beautiful Herefordshire countryside. 

Project managing my way through the build, hopefully, I can provide insight into the highs and lows of a self build, what is happening and when and how we are feeling throughout.

I also hope to share with you some of the skills I learn along the way and the companies and trades that will be making the build possible. 

I will also be tweeting @fortyacresbuild for those on twitter!

A little bit about me...

My name is Tim Benson, I am 34 years young and I run our local family garage business, Oldfields Garage Services Ltd in Leominster. I have two wonderful children aged 11 & 10 who live with there mum in South Wales. 

After starting my working life in the motortrade at the Hereford VW dealership, I gained a HND from Hereford Tech College and a Degree in Business Administration from Cardiff University. I then went back to work again in an IT company that went bankrupt, a cosmetic surgery company, Glamorgan and Swansea Universities and now I'm back home where I was brought up in Leominster. I am a keen sports fan, playing (well trying to) football twice a week and watching as much as Fliss will allow in between soaps and stuff you learn from. 

My partner in crime, Fliss, is a Hairdresser @ Renaissence in Leominster and will be helping me through it all, keeping me sane, putting up with my grumps and keeping me in check!!


No comments:

Post a Comment